Effective executive search is both an art and a science. The art is the ability to effectively communicate, honestly relate, and advise with integrity both clients and candidates. Relationships are at the heart of executive search and becoming a partner, counselor and trusted advisor is the art of search.
The science of executive search is in developing a method for connecting individuals effectively and productively, and managing their meetings professionally and purposefully. Hygun Leadership Solutions employs a process-driven search methodology to fulfill this goal. Our process is a project management approach to search, complete with project definition and scope, schedules, timelines, deliverables and post-project evaluations.
• Project Definition and Scope – Every search assignment is unique. During the initial consultation (Day One), we will work with the client to define the job, the situation, and the desired candidate profile. Our consultants will provide the client with a written position description and candidate profile within 10 days of this meeting.
• Search Strategy – During the planning phase of each assignment we develop our search strategy and the target list of companies and people we will source. We will review the strategy with the client and then provide a target list to the client by day 30.
• Search Execution – Each sourced candidate will be recruited, screened and interviewed by a member of the search team. A short list of candidates will then be interviewed in person by a senior search consultant and a candidate appraisal will be prepared. Within 50 days of the initial consultation, Hygun Leadership will present a minimum of two qualified candidates for selection.
• Selection, Negotiation and Integration – It is not enough to merely bring the best-qualified candidates to the door. We continue working with the client and candidates until the final candidate agrees to an offer and begins working. This is often the most critical phase of the process, where we must address issues quickly, respond to candidates promptly and act decisively.
• Project Evaluation – Upon a successful completion of each search, we review the entire search with the client. We finalize all activities of the search and seek feedback from the client. This is a critical step in continuously refining our process and customizing our approach to each client’s unique needs and desires.